Pinellas Trails, Inc.
Pinellas Trails, Inc.
Our work meetings are open
Pinellas Trails Inc.
Pinellas Trails, Inc. has just created a new Facebook page. Check us out here and become a member!
Read more about the Tri-County Trail project and see the approved route.
Trail goers may think they're miles from civilization along some parts of the Fred Marquis Pinellas Trail, as they travel through deep glades of live oaks, trailing Spanish moss, tidal streams teeming with wildlife. The Trail also leads to a number of County, City and State parks along its route.
Pinellas Trails, Inc. exists to support, enhance and protect the Pinellas Trail now and for future generations.
All members of Pinellas Trails, Inc. are volunteers. Specific questions regarding the organization or its membership, should be directed to any board member at email@example.com.
A 501c3 not-for-profit corporation.
Our mailing address is:
- Pinellas Trails, Inc.
PO Box 356
Clearwater, FL 33757-0356
President: Bert Valery
Vice President: Scott Daniels
Treasurer: Chip Freeman
Secretary: Richard Valentine
Members-At-Large: Thom Brown, Jean Halvorsen, Dan Kramer, Debra Kramer, Pete O’Hara, Don Pickett, Bill Romanski, Phyllis Romanski, Donna Valery, Jim Wedlake, Bob Young.
An ongoing, cooperative effort between Pinellas County and Pinellas Trails, Inc. exists in order to provide the desired amenities. Pinellas Trails, Inc. has been actively involved in promoting the addition of amenities and makes recommendations for additional items and raises funds for the purchase and installation of new amenities.
- Pinellas County purchases and installs major trail amenities relating to trail access, parking and is managed by Parks and Conservation Resources as part of the overall county parks plan. These amenities include:
- Rest stops (enclosed buildings with restrooms and lavatories, beverages, bicycle racks, flag poles, litter receptacles, lighting, telephones, trail maps and water fountains.)
- Parking plazas (paved parking for 10 cars at access points along the trail) which include benches, litter receptacles, signage, and trail map stations.
- Nature paths (300 yards of natural mulch paths looping around various scenic areas.
- Access paths (100 ft. x 4 ft. natural paths from point-of-entry to asphalt.)
Pinellas Trails, Inc. supports and encourages the use of art to enhance and beautify the Pinellas Trail. Information about artwork currently seen on the Pinellas Trail can be found here.
Auxiliary Ranger Program:
Pinellas Trails Inc. supports the volunteer Auxiliary Ranger program. Information about the volunteer ranger program or other volunteer opportunities, can be found at this link: Volunteer Services